Friday, April 27, 2012

1000 and Counting

It seems not all that long ago a friend asked "How many needlepoints do you have?" "About a thousand,  I think,'" I answered. "What will you do when you make all thousand needlepoints into pillows?" "Oh, probably quit!" I said. Both of us thought maybe there was a limited supply of absolutely gorgeous vintage needlepoints out there. Probably there is a limit, but I have not found it.

Last Sunday eve, I was happily editing pictures of a gorgeous lilac needlepoint (now the center of a pillow) and listing it and I realized it was #995. It just sneaked right up on me. 995 pillows and tuffets. 995 since I actually decided to keep count (my website helps me with the counting) .... but I know there were more , local sales, give-a ways, a few special requests, and gifts for my sister and brother (yuppers, he got one.) The Divine-But-Long-Suffering Mr. C'est Chouette estimates the number at over 1250!!!

Suddenly I knew the push was on, I was going to make it to 1000 this week or bust!

1000 pillows~ you know what? That is over 1200+ pounds of stuffing, over 400 yards of gorgeous silk,  about 500 yards of plush brush fringe, 1500 yards of twisted mini-cord, and over 900 boxes for shipping, and I cannot even guess the number of spools of thread!

And at 1000 pillows and tuffets, I do not plan to stop. In fact I think I have the 1007th on the work table (pillow parts laying around.) On to 2000!

Thank you to all my customers and friends for the wonderful   journey. There are no words to express my appreciation.


(one of my favorite pillow photos)

5 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Congratulations Sharon!!! I LOVE your tuffets and pillows!!!

Belle West said...

Your pillows are gorgeous, Sharon! Congrats on 1,000!
Donna {Belle West}

VERBENA.... NESTED TREASURES said...

your pillows are amazing!!! keep going! xo Laura

gail said...

Wow Sharon, congratulations! How awesome. I love them all, but the #999 is just adorable :) I hope all is well, I sure miss MMP. You take care!!! (()) Gail

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Hi Sharon,I was so tickled you visited! Your pillows have always been my favorites and when I am out treasure hunting and see pretty needle points I also think of you. :) Happy Mother's Day and here's to a 1000 more exquisite pillows....xoxox